If an undergraduate meets the following criteria, they have the ability to apply for an exemption from living on campus.
- The student has earned at least 30 credit hours
- The student is married or is a single custodial parent
- The student is at least 21 years of age on or before the first day of classes for the academic year
- The student is living with parents, grandparents, or married brother/sister within a 40 mile radius of campus and commutes daily
- The student is a “hardship case”
*A hardship case is a person who will suffer significant hardship because of valid medical or financial hardship due to campus residency.
Housing Exemption Process
- Complete the Exemption Form
- Allow 5 to 10 business days for the paperwork to be processed and for you to receive further instructions
*With the completion of an exemption form, the individual is not automatically guaranteed their request.
Appeals Process for Housing Exemptions
Any student who has applied for and been denied an exemption to the on-campus residence requirement shall have the right to appeal
such decision in accordance with the University of Louisiana System Board of Supervisors Policy.
In order to appeal the administrative decision, an individual must follow the appeals process.
- Submit a letter of appeal to email@example.com
- Included in the letter must be sufficient evidence within the justification and supporting documentation should be attached
- Allow 5-10 business days for the paperwork to be processed and for you to receive further instructions