Summer move in is June 4, 2022. All residents receive a specific date/time to check-in, which can be found in the StarRez Housing Portal on the Summer 2022 Application status page.
Download the Summer 2022 Move-In Map to see all of the locations for the check-in process.
1. Proceed to your check-in site
2. Find your area to unload
Proceed to your designated parking tower/lot by using the map.
3. Unload your things
Residents and up to two non-resident helpers can begin the unloading process. We encourage all residents to bring a collapsible cart and/or dolly to help bring items to the room.
NOTE: Because of limited unloading areas, residents will have 30 minutes to unload items and move vehicles to designated parking areas.
4. Unpack and settle in!
You’re all set to now unpack and get ready for the summer!
Move-In Day Guidelines
- Residents MUST have their university photo ID (Cajun Card) to complete check-in
- If resident or helper is feeling ill, please do NOT come to move in. Contact University Housing at email@example.com to set up another move in date/time.
- Vehicles must be moved from unloading areas within 30 minutes of getting to unloading area.
- If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling our office at 337.482-6471.
Packing for college may feel intimidating and you may not know what to bring. A good rule of thumb is to bring what will make your space feel like home. Listed below are a few suggestions. View a more extensive packing list.
Items to bring:
- Bedding (Twin XL size)
- Storage containers for under your bed
- High-efficiency laundry detergent (the pods work great!) and dryer sheets
- Laundry baskets (find one with wheels, if you can)
- White sticky tack/dorm tape/Command strips for hanging decor (but note that Command strips can damage walls if not removed properly)
- Microwave/mini fridge (if living in Agnes Edwards Hall, must be 31" or less to fit under the beds)
- Toiletries: toilet paper, shower curtain, personal items, towels
- Clothing hangers
- Door mirror
- Alarm clock
- Smart TV with a firestick or an Amazon TV
- Laptop and printer (though there are computer labs across campus)
- Dishes and utensils for cooking
- Power strips
- Padlock for your armoire
- Collapsible rolling cart to move items into buildings/can also be used to bring groceries and supplies to/from building to vehicle
Items not to bring:
- Pets of any kind (even fishbowls!)
- Wi-fi routers (you will be charged a $200 fine every time you're caught using one!)
- Pull-up bars
- Hoverboards (campus-wide policy)
- Vape, tobacco, or alcohol (campus-wide policy)
- Exposed heating elements like toasters or coffee pots (if it gets red, it’s a no-no)
- Weapons (campus-wide policy)
Space Decor & Decorating
If you want to decorate your walls without messing up the paint (so you aren't charged for damage to the room!), we suggest bringing the Command strips, white sticky tack, or durable double-sided tape that won’t damage the walls, from the Ragin’ Cajuns Store. Blue sticky tack will stain the walls.
You will not be able to hang your TV on the wall! Make sure you bring a stand for it.
Contact Your Roommate
If you don’t know them already, it’s a good idea to get in touch with them—using either email or social media. So you don’t end up having two of everything, you need to decide who will bring a TV, decorative shower curtain, and other shared items.
Check out our tips for relating to your roommate.
When you get to your room, you will complete a Room Condition Inventory form through the StarRez Housing Portal through your ULINK. If there are any issues with your room, you will be able to request maintenance from your housing portal.
Unpacking Your Boxes
After you've unpacked your boxes, break down the boxes and bring them to the recycling bins, which are located outside every building.
In every room, there is one desk, bed, dresser, and closet or armoire per person.
You can see the other amenities for your hall here:
If you want to change roommates, swapping rooms won’t happen until after the first two weeks. There will be an online form you can fill out, but it won't be available until after the first two weeks.
Loft Your Bed
You can put in a request to loft your bed, but the requests will not be fulfilled until after the first two weeks after move-in day.
There will be a $100 per semester fee associated with lofting your bed.