Contract Release Process
Once an individual has signed the contract on the housing portal, the student is then placed in a legally binding contract with the University of Louisiana at Lafayette's Office of University Housing. If the student wishes to request termination of that binding contract, the student must complete a contract release application form. Directions on how to proceed with a contract release can be found below.
Contract Release Process:
- The student must email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the Contract Release Request form to be activated
- Full instructions will be sent to the studen'ts University email
- Complete the Contract Release Request Form
- Allow 5-10 business days for the paperwork to be processed and for you to receive further instructions
You must be approved for a contract release to be released from your Housing Contract.
Reasons for Contract Release:
- Medical: Medical documentation must be provided to support a medical release.
- Financial: Any documentation that would support a significant change in financial status since the housing contract was signed must be submitted.
- Academic: Any documentation that would support an academic change must be submitted.
Note: This is not a guarantee of release, but simply a request.