Welcome to campus Ragin' Cajuns! After you are admitted to the University, you may complete your housing application in the Housing Portal.
Live On Requirement
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette follows the University of Louisiana System policy that requires that all unmarried, full-time undergraduate students, regardless of age or emancipation status, live in campus residence halls as long as space is available.
Students must complete their housing application in the Housing Portal to receive a housing assignment. Assignments are made based on original application date so apply early. Rooms are assigned on a first come, first serve basis.
- Log in to ULINK
- Click Campus Services
- Select StarRez Housing Portal
- Click Applications in top menu
- Select the correct term (Academic Year 2024 – 2025)
- Complete the housing application
My College Roomie
Living Learning Communities
Living Learning Communities (LLCs) are residential communities for freshmen with a special emphasis on an academic major or an area of interest. Freshmen who participate have the unique opportunity to learn where they live, meet friends with similar majors and interests, enjoy special events designed specifically for their LLC. This aims to transform their residential setting into an active, supportive, and exciting place to live and learn!
- Business Secrets
- Service & Leadership
- Gateway to the Arts
- Lifetime Recreation
- Travel, Language, & Culture
To learn more about LLCs, visit firstyear.louisiana.edu.
- DECEMBER 7, 2023 | Housing Applications Go Live! You are encouraged to submit your housing application after admission to UL Lafayette. Assignments are done on a first come, first served, based on original application date. The student must have paid their application fee to complete their application.
- MAY 1, 2024 | Deadline to create roommate groups
- MAY 1, 2024 | Priority application deadline (based on room type availability)
- After May 1, 2024, consideration is given based on the date of application and proximity to campus.
- MID-JULY 2024 | First round of Room Assignments will be sent out to the student’s University email.
Room Change Requests
Students can request a Room Change at certain times of the year based on when they are living on campus and when rooming assignments go out. The form is closed in the Fall around move in through the first two weeks of the semester to allow for roster updates. Find the Room Change Request form in the Housing Portal.