Move-In Day Guidelines
- Bring your Cajun Card: Residents MUST have their university photo ID (Cajun Card) to complete check-in
- Have your belongings in managable containers and label your stuff: This will help volunteers know where to bring your belongings.
- You have 30 minutes in the unloading areas: Vehicles must be moved from unloading areas within 30 minutes of getting to unloading area.
- Do not bring a U-Haul, box truck or trailer: We do not have the space to accommodate these in the check in line or in our unloading areas. If you bring one, you will be directed to the E.K. Long gravel lot or off campus and have to unload yourself from that area.
- Check-in areas close at 5 p.m. on each official move in day. If you arrive after this time, you will be directed to check in at your hall or apartment complex and will not have assistance with unloading.
- Traffic will not be able to turn onto Girard Park Circle from E St. Mary Blvd. during First-Time Freshmen Move In: If you need to get to the overflow parking, you should take Girard Park Drive and go around Girard Park to get to the parking garage.
- Rex Street will be reversed for August 12, 13, and 18: This is why all Agnes Edwards Hall residents should enter campus from Johnston Street and turn on Rex Street.
- Report any issues to your RA or Property Manager: You should notify them as soon as possible. If the issue is maintenance-related, you can submit a maintenance request on the Housing Portal.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling our office at 337.482.6471.