What is a Resident Assistant?
Resident Assistants, commonly knowns as RAs, have the largest impact on achieving this goal through their interactions in the residence halls. RAs are responsible for getting to know the people in their communities, providing them with support, promoting a safe and comfortable living environment for all students, planning activities to help students grow and connect, directing them to resources that will improve their success, and otherwise enhancing the experience of living on campus. The Office of Residential Life and the Office of University Housing team is dedicated to building lasting communities of learning.
Click here to learn more about who we are.
Staff Selection for Fall 2023
Being a Resident Assistant (RA) is a great opportunity to building community, building leadership skills, and building a stronger UL. Are you interested in becoming a Resident Assistant? The Resident Assistant (RA) position is a 20 hour per week student leader position that consists of building community, programming, handling emergencies and incidents, and participating in events across campus, including recruitment days.
The requirements include:
- Want to be a Student Leader and serve as a mentor to residential students
- Must have a 2.5 semester and cumulative GPA
- Live on-campus for at least one semester
- Within good standing with academics and with the Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Have a positive attitude, and willingness to help others
- Must commit a full academic year of employment
If you are interested in becoming a Resident Assistant you must attend ONE of our Info Sessions. Applications are only provided to people who attend an informational session. All information sessions will be held in Randolph Hall (first floor classroom)
- Monday, September 18, 2023 at 6 pm
- Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 6 pm
- Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at 6 pm
- Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 6 pm
- Friday, September 22, 2023 at 1 pm
Applications are due at 5:00 pm on Friday, October 20th. Applicants will complete an application online and participate in an individual interview.
For questions regarding the Resident Assistant application process, please contact Ra-Chelle Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to you being part of our team!