What is a Resident Assistant?
Resident Assistants, commonly knowns as RAs, have the largest impact on achieving this goal through their interactions in the residence halls. RAs are responsible for getting to know the people in their communities, providing them with support, promoting a safe and comfortable living environment for all students, planning activities to help students grow and connect, directing them to resources that will improve their success, and otherwise enhancing the experience of living on campus. The Office of Residential Life and the Office of University Housing team is dedicated to building lasting communities of learning.
Click here to learn more about who we are.
Being a Resident Assistant (RA) is a great opportunity to building community, building leadership skills, and building a stronger UL. Are you interested in becoming a Resident Assistant? The Resident Assistant (RA) position is a 20 hour per week student leader position that consists of building community, programming, handling emergencies and incidents, and participating in events across campus, including recruitment days.
The requirements include:
- Want to be a Student Leader and serve as a mentor to residential students
- Must have a 2.5 semester and cumulative GPA
- Live on-campus for at least one year
- Within good standing with academics and with the Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Have a positive attitude, and willingness to help others
- Must commit a full academic year of employment
If you are interested in becoming a Resident Assistant you must attend ONE of our Informational Sessions. Applications are only provided to people who attend an informational session. All information sessions will be held in via ZOOM.
- Tuesday, October 06, 2020 at 6pm
- Wednesday, October 07, 2020 at 6pm
- Thursday, October 08, 2020 at 6pm
Applications are due at 11:55 pm on Friday, November 13, 2020. Applicants participate in a group and individual interview. Group Interviews and Individual Interviews will take place during the Spring 2021 semester.
For questions regarding the Resident Assistant application process, please contact Jonathan R. Brown at email@example.com.
We look forward to you being part of our team!