If an undergraduate meets the following criteria, they have the ability to apply for an exemption from living on campus.
• The student is married or is a single custodial parent
• The student is at least 21 years of age on or before the first day of classes for the academic year
• The student is living with parent/guardian(s), at their permanent residence within a 40 mile radius of campus and commutes daily
- Complete the Exemption Form with uploaded supporting documentation.*
*With the completion of an exemption form, the individual is not automatically guaranteed their request.
- Allow 5 to 10 business days for the paperwork to be processed and for you to receive further instructions.
- Student will be notified via University (@louisiana.edu) email address on file with the official decision.
Appeals Process for Housing Exemptions
Any student who has requested for and has been denied an exemption to the on-campus residency requirement shall have the right to appeal such decision in accordance with the University of Louisiana System Board of Supervisors Policy.
In order to appeal the administrative decision, an individual must follow the appeals process.
• Submit a letter of appeal to email@example.com by replying to official email notification of the denial.
• Included in the letter must be sufficient evidence with supporting documentation justifying the appeal.
• Allow 5-10 business days for the paperwork to be processed and for you to receive further instructions.
• Students will have the opportunity to appear at the hearing when it is scheduled. This is not a requirement, but is strongly encouraged. Only students are allowed into the appeal hearing.
Once an appeal has been heard by the Housing Appeals Committee the decision is final.